The Dusit Sawan Thanya Maha Prasat Hall Constructed under the royal command of King
Narai the Great, the Hall was formerly used by King Narai as an audience hall receiving
high-ranking foreign ambassadors. This was the place where the King received Chevalier
de Chaumont, the representative of King Louis XIV of France. The Hall was built in
a perfect blending of French and Thai architectural styles.
The Suttha Sawan Pavilion The Pavilion was once located amidst a beautifully decorated
garden with ponds and fountains. This was the place where King Narai the Great resided
and died on 11 July 1688. Apart from the Pavilion, which had been restored by King
Mongkut, only the remains of man-made hills and fountains can be seen.
Kraison Siharat Hall Commonly known as Phra Thinang Yen, the Hall is located on an
island in a dried up lake, Thale Chupson, which once supplied fresh drinking water
to the people of Lopburi. Kraison Siharat Hall was used as the residence of King
Narai, Jesuits and envoys of King Louis XIV of France when they came to witness a
lunar eclipse on 11 December, 1685
Phra Chao Hao Building Built by King Narai the Great, the building is located to
the south of the outer section of the palace. Serving as the Kings private audience
hall, the building featured Thai-style architecture of which it is possible to see
only the remains of wall sections with visible decorative motifs at the doors and
Banquet Hall Surrounded on three sides by ponds, the Hall was built to entertain
important foreign visitors. One of the remains includes a brick platform facing the
Hall, which was used as a stage or theatre possibly for shadow plays or dances showing
that the place was once used as an entertainment compound.
Phiman Mongkut Pavilion This pavilion was a three-story brick building where King
Rama IV (King Mongkut) resided when he visited Lop Buri during the renovation of
the Palace. Connected to the pavilion are three other buildings namely Suttha Winitchai
Pavilion, Chai Sattrakon Pavilion and Akson Sattrakhom. All these buildings are now
being used as the offices of the Lop Buri National Museum.
Phra Prathiap Building A group of eight two-story buildings built behind King Mongkut's
residence ( Phiman Mongkut Pavilion ), which were used as residences for inner court
Royal Guards Residence This is located at the entrance of the middle court.
Structures built during the reign of King Narai the Great continued:-