Wat Yang Na Rangsi ( Lopburi Boat Museum ) Located on the bank of the Lopburi River,
nine kilometres south of the town centre along the Lopburi - Bang Pahan route is
Wat Yang Na
Rangsi. The temple is famous for its Buddha images which were made of sandstone and
quartz. It is also notable for its wooden sala ( a wooden teaching hall ) which was
built in 1927
in a typical central region style. The sala has been converted into the Lop Buri
where a large collection of local vessels, in particular a one - seat barge, are
Bee Farm Location: Soi 24 Sai Tri, Mo 9 Phatthana Nikhom District, Lopburi 15220.
The centre distributes information and knowledge on Bee cultivation in Thailand.
It is also a place where natural bees products including royal jelly, honey from
sunflower, natural honey extracts, etc.) and other honey related products are on
Wat Lai Located on the bank of Maenam Bang Kham in Tha Wung District,
about 24 kilometres from town, the Ayutthaya-period temple is famous
for its chapel. Decorated with stucco in various designs showcasing Buddha's
previous life and his first sermon after attaining enlightenment, the chapel illustrates
extraordinary Thai craftsmanship which is truly exquisite. There is also the Phra
Si Ari Buddha image which local people have worshipped for generations.
Wat San Paulo A Jesuit Church founded by the Portuguese during the reign of King
Narai the Great, Wat San Paulo is situated about three kilometres east of town, off
Ramdaecho Road. The word San Paulo was probably dubbed by Thais especially when
they pronounced Saint Paul or Saint Paulo in Thai style. Visible in the site are
the remains of a brick wall and stucco tower, as well as an octagonal, 3-story, observatory.
Wat Nakhon Kosa Located north of the railway station near San Phra Kan is Wat Nakhon
Kosa which may have originally been a Hindu Shrine as the temple was built in 1157
by the Khmer's. Later on, U-Thong style cement Buddha images were added on the prangs.
Wat Mani Chonlakhan Built during the reign of King Mongkut, the temple was
originally called Wat Ko Kaew as it was located on a small island. Remains
found in the compound include the Chedi Luang Pho Saeng, the ubosot, the
viharn and a large Buddha image situated along the riverside.
Interesting places to visit around Lopburi Province