Home Page. About us etc. A to E items. F to K items. L to P items. Q to Z items. Useful info.. Link Sites.
Thailand-Delights.com
Home Page Site Map. site map for www.Thailand-Delights.com Uthai Thani Province Page 3, Uthai Thani Province,  Information about the Province Uthai Thani Province Page 5, Uthai Thani Province, Temples or Wat’s around the Province

Wat Mani Sathit Kapittharam  This temple was constructed in the Rattanakosin period, and local people

call it Wat Thung Kaeo. Inside the temple, there is a large five-pinnacled prang, with a width of eight metres

and a height of 16 metres, which was built in 1909.


Wat Sangkat Rattana Khiri is at the foot of Khao Sakae Krang at the end of Tha Chang Road in the municipality. Inside the main hall is Phra Phuttha Mongkhon Sai Sit or Luang Pho Mongkhon, an ancient bronze Buddha image

form the Sukhothai period in the Man Wichai posture. It is 1.5 metres wide and was made in the reign of

King Lithai. In the open area of the temple is a stairway ascending to the top of Khao Sakae Krang totaling

449 steps. At the peak is a pavilion with a multi-tiered roof housing a replica of Lord Buddha’s footprint and

a large bronze bell built in the reign of King Rama V. It is said that this is a sacred bell that any visitor’s to

the province that do not ring the bell is like never gets to see the province.


Wat Tha Sung ( another name is Wat Chantharam ) is at Mu 2, Tambon Nam Sum. It is an old temple from the Ayutthaya period. It was formerly called “Wat Chan” which is the name of an abbot. Wat Chantharam later was abandoned until 1789 when the monk Luang Pho Yai came here. Villagers asked him to become the abbot

of the temple and he renovated it. The first location of the temple was on the bank of

Sakae Krang River. The artefact of the place is a pulpit built by Luang Pho Yai that is

opposite the temple. More buildings were later added by the monk Phra Ratchaphrom

Yan Nen ( Luang Pho Ruesi Ling Dam ).


The new convocation hall is beautiful with an ornately decorated interior. The inner

Windows  and doors have pictures of angels. His Majesty the King presided over a

ceremony officially to open the building. Surrounding the building is a traditional columned

wall. Images of Luang Pho Pan and Luang Pho Yai three times the actual size is at the corner of the front wall. Furthermore, the new site has a wide area as well as many pavilions with accommodation for meditation. The main hall is open during 09.00-11.45 hrs. and 14.00-16.00 hrs. Daily.


Wat Uposatharam ( Wat Bot Manorom )  It is an old temple on the Sakae Krang Riverside, on Koh Thepho,

in the Mueang Municipality area. From the municipal fresh market, cross the bridge to the temple which is

on the east side of the river.  

Uthai Thani, Wat’s around the Province