Sukhothai Historical Park is located in Tambon Muang Kao, Muang Sukhothai. It is
twelve kilometres away from town. It is opened daily from 8.30 a.m. 4.30 p.m. Ruins
of the royal palaces, Buddhist temples, the city gates, walls, moats, dams, ditches,
ponds, canals, and the water dyke control system, which were the magical and spiritual
centre of the kingdom, are now preserved and have been restored by the Fine Arts
Department with the cooperation of UNESCO. It’s not only with a view of fostering
Thailand's national identity, but of safeguarding, a fine example of mankind's cultural
The park covers the ruins of the ancient Sukhothai Kingdom. UNESCO declared it a
World Heritage Site in December 1991. During its golden age, Sukhothai was the centre
for administration, religion, and economy. The original city was surrounded by walls
with 4 city gates. Today the walls house a number of sites worthy of visiting.
1. King Ramkhamhaeng Monument 2. Wat Mahathat 3. Ramkhamhaeng National Museum
4. Wat Traphang Ngoen
5. Wat Sri Sawai ( Wat Sri Svaya ) 6. Wat Traphang Thong 7. Wat Sra Sri ( Wat
Sa Si ) 8. Wat Chana Songkhram
9. Wat Trakuan 10. San Ta Pha Daeng ( Ta Pha Daeng Shrine ) 11. Wat Phra Phai
Luang 12. Turiang Kilns
13. Wat Sangkhawat ( Wat Sanghavasa ) 14. Wat Si Chum 15. Wat Chang Lom 16.
Wat Thraphang Thong Lang
17. Wat Chedi Sung 18. Wat Kon Laeng 19. Wat Ton Chan 20. Wat Chetuphon 21.
Wat Chedi Si Hong
22. Wat Si Phichit Kirati Kanlayaram ( Sri Vicitrakirtikanlyarama ) 23. Wat Wihan
Thong, 24. Wat Asokaram
25. Wat Mum Langka 26. Wat Saphan Hin 27. Wat Aranyik ( Wat Arannika ) 28.
Wat Chang Rop
29. Wat Chedi Ngam 30. Wat Tham Hip 31. Wat Mangkon 32. Wat Phra Yuen 33.
Wat Pa Mamuang
34. Wat Thuek 35. Phra Ruang Dam ( see map below and right )
Cycling Route along the Orchards
Some visitors enjoy cycling around the orchards and tasting a variety of fruits like
pomelo, santol, sapodilla, coconut, star fruit, various kinds of bananas, as well
as the tasty and fleshy plum mango ( Bouae Macrophylla ) with its chicken egged size.
Tambon Ban Tuek Community of Amphoe Si Satchanalai. This is a small and peaceful
community filled with trees, paddy fields, and scenic mountain ranges, while tourists
can enjoy the traditional life of fruit growers. Different types of fruits grown
along the hilly terrain include longkong, langsat, mangosteen, durian, banana, pomelo,
rambeh, and rambutan.
Cycling Route: The Old Town of Sukhothai Trips within the Sukhothai Historical Park
are also made by personal or rental bikes.
As spa is very famous through out the country, even Sukhothai is not left behind.
There is the well known Ananda Spa at Ananda Museum Gallery Hotel in Sukhothai.