Wat Klang Worawihan is located in Tambon Paknam. It was built towards the end of
the Ayutthaya period in 1767 A.D. It was then known as Wat Takoh Thong. It was later
given the name of Klang, meaning central, because it is halfway between two other
important temples: Wat Pichai Songkram and Wat Nai Song Wihan.
During the reign of King Rama III, the main bot, or ordination hall, was renovated.
The gable of the hall is of stucco design and decorated by porcelain. On the walls,
on the inside, are murals depicting the story of Pathom Sompothikatha.
Also in the temple grounds is a mondop containing four footprints of the Buddha and
a sala kanparien which is a small meeting hall made of teak wood. This temple is
the centre for Education of Buddhism in Samut Prakan.