Home Page. About us etc. A to E items. F to K items. L to P items. Q to Z items. Useful info.. Link Sites.
Home Page Site Map. site map for www.Thailand-Delights.com Royal Thai Consulate U.K. Page 4, Opening a Bank Account in Thailand Royal Thai Consulate U.K. Page 6. Information about Retiring in Thailand.

Information About Retiring in Thailand


To be eligible to retire in Thailand you must:-

a) be aged 50 years or over.

b) not be prohibited from entering the Kingdom under the Thai Immigration Act BE 2522 ( 1979 ).

c) not have a criminal record in your country of nationality or your country of residency or in Thailand. You need to contact your local UK Police Force and request a  Subject Access Report. Please be aware it can take up to 40 days for it to be issued. Furthermore, please note the report must be submitted to the authorities in Thailand within three months of date of issue of the report.

d) not have a medical record of any contagious diseases. You need to obtain a medical report from a hospital in Thailand. It must not be more than three months old. It must state you have not been infected with any contagious disease in accordance with Thai Immigration Regulation No.14 BE 2535 ( 1992 ). The form on page 4/4 is for completion by a doctor in Thailand.

e) be able to support yourself financially. It is necessary to show an income into a Thai bank account of minimum 65,000 Baht per month by way of a pension, Investments, etc or a minimum of 800,000 Baht in a bank account in Thailand

or a mixture of the two..

f) hold a passport with a minimum of 12 months validity at time of entering Thailand.

Provided you can meet the above requirements, the next process is to apply for a Non Immigrant category “O” visa. Please visit the Visas & Downloads page our website ( www.thaiconsul-uk.com ) and print the document entitled

Aba Visa Application Pack.

When you have received your ”O” visa you need to ensure you have all of the following documents which you must

take with you for presentation at the Thai Immigration Bureau in Bangkok ( Thai Immigration Bureau, Section 1,

Sub Division 1, Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Sathorn District, Bangkok 10120 - tel: 00 66-22873101-10

Extension 2236 ) or in the town close to where you will be living in your retirement:-

1) Passport containing your “O” visa, passport to be valid for at least one year from date of entering Thailand.

2) Three “Additional Application Form for Non-Immigrant ‘O-A’ Visa” duly completed and with recent passport

type photograph 4cm x 6cm attached to each one – see page 3/4.

3) Subject Access (police) Report – to be no more than 3 months old when presented in Thailand.

4) Medical Report form – to be completed by a doctor in Thailand – see page 4/4.

5) Evidence to show minimum income of 65,000 Baht per month going into a bank account in Thailand or minimum 800,000 Baht deposited in a bank account in Thailand ( a combination may be accepted ). Continued next page:-