Chonburi Province, Thailand, Phra Phuttha Ming Mueang, Ho Phra Phanatbodi, Wat Chum
Saeng Si Wanaram, Luangpho Tio, Wat Hua Thanon, Wat Luang Phrommawat, Wat Tai Ton
Phra Phuttha Ming Mueang - is an engraved Buddha image out of Padauk wood in the
posture of subduing Mara. It is the Laotian art, constructed in 1828 by the Laotians
who immigrated into this area. Originally, the image was enshrined in an abandoned
temple, called “Wat Pha Khao Yai”, which is assumed to be an ancient temple, the
first to be constructed in the Phanat Nikhom area. Later, Phanat Nikhom Municipality
Office renovated the temple and its compound, as well as, built a Wihan as a residence
of the wooden Buddha image at the location where the original Ubosot had been. At
present, it is near the community centre of the Phanat Nikhom Municipality Office.
Ho Phra Phanatbodi - is situated in the middle of a pond, opposite the Phanat Nikhom
Municipality Office, Mueang Kao Road, Soi 1. It is a place where a replica of Phra
Phanatbodi (Vanaspati) is enshrined. It is a dignified standing Buddha image in the
blessing posture of the Dvaravati period, whose age is about 1,200-1,300 years. It
was elaborately engraved out of a delicate black stone. The image is standing on
a mythical creature whose characteristics are a mixture of a garuda, a bull and a
Wat Chum Saeng Si Wanaram - is located at Mu 1, Tambon Nong Nang, 13 km from Phanat
Nikhom Market via Thung Hiang Market along the Highway No. 3284. Then, turn left
for two km. This temple was originally called “Wat Mai Yang Ngam”. The distinguishing
point of this temple is Sala Kan Parian–a temple hall for the Buddhist monks’ meeting
and religious ceremony, constructed of terra-cotta into modern architecture. It is
called Mabunkhrong Building. Moreover, the Ubosot displays interesting religious
Luangpho Tio, Wat Hua Thanon - is ten km from the centre of the district. Take
the Phanat Nikhom–Sa Siliam route to Tambon Hua Thanon, which is the location of
the temple. Luangpho Tio is a Buddha image in subduing Mara posture. It is an engraved
image of Taeo wood (called Tio wood by the Laotians). During the Songkran period,
on 19 April every year, there is a procession carrying the image around the village.
It is believed that the image would make all the wishes and success come true.
Wat Luang Phrommawat - is situated at Ban Khlong Luang, Tambon Wat Luang on the
Phanat Nikhom-Chachoengsao Road, the similar way to Wat Bot. This temple was once
a place where the ceremony of drinking an oath of allegiance was conducted. The temple’s
compound is large and abundant. Moreover, there are many flying foxes in the trees.
Wat Tai Ton Lan - is located at Rai Lak Thong Sub-district on the Phanat Nikhom–Chachoengsao
Road. It was constructed in 1905, representing the interesting architecture of the
local skilled craftsmen such as the old wooden Sala Kan Parian–a preaching hall,
a pair of swan columns, the cement giant sculpture in front of the Ubosot, the ancient
Jiangxi Chinese tiles layering the floor of the Ubosot, and the scripture hall or
library made of teakwood surrounded by water.