Phetchaburi Post Office Tel: 0 3242 5146, 0 3242 5571
Phetchaburi Railway Station Tel: 0 3242 5211
Phetchaburi Bus Terminal Tel: 0 324 25307
Cha am District Office Tel: 0 3247 1361, 0 3247 2502, 0 3247 1078
Cha am Hospital Tel: 0 3247 1007
Cha am Police Station Tel:. 0 3247 1321, 0 3243 4021-2
Cha am Post Office Tel:. 0 3247 1252
Cha am Railway Station Tel: 0 3247 1159
Bus Terminal Tel: 0 3247 1615 (Cha am Intersection) 0 3247 1654, 0 3243 3288 (Chai
Cha am Tourist Police Centre Tel:. 0 3251 5995
Highway Police Tel:. 1193
Tourist Police Tel: 1155
Phetchaburi Tourist Information Centre Tel: 0 3240 2220
Useful Telephone numbers when in Phetchaburi Province
Places of Interest around Phetchaburi Province
Maruekhathaiyawan Palace - Situated at Km. 216 or eight kilometres south of Cha
am district, this beach side wooden palace was formerly used as a royal summer residence
by King Rama VI during the 1920’s. The palace is located within the Border Patrol
Police Headquarters south of Cha-am on the road to Hua Hin. Facing the open sea,
the palace is called the palace of love and hope”. The compound is open everyday
from 8.30 a.m.-4 p.m. Admission is 30 Baht. Call 0 3250 8039 for more information.
Huai Sai Wildlife Breeding Centre - 14 km south of Cha am at Km. 220, a 4-kilometre
branch road leads to the Huai Sai Wildlife Breeding Centre where wild animals, both
mammals and birds, are conserved in its shady area. The centre is open every day
from 8 a.m.-4.30 p.m. Admission is free. Call 0 3259 3252 for more information.
Khao Bandai It - This hill is 121 metres high and just two km south of Khao Wang.
It is the site of an ancient temple of the Ayutthaya Period. There are several caves
called Tham Prathun, Tham Phra Chao Suea, and Tham Phra Phuttha Saiyat. Khao Bandai
It, like Khao Wang, is full of wild monkeys. Please stay away from them and do not
give them any food.
Tham Khao Luang - Located five km north of Khao Wang, this cave houses a Buddha
image cast by the royal command of King Rama V as a dedication to King Rama III and
King Rama IV. At the foot of the Khao Luang Hill, there is a large monastery called
“Wat Tham Klaep” or Wat Bun-thawi which has a very large hall and a chapel with beautifully
carved door panels.