Diving in Thailand page 23, Additional Information & Bull Sharks Video
Diving in Thailand additional information for the Diver
It is advised that all divers have their own travel and diving insurance. In the
very unlikely event of a problem, treatment for diving accidents can be expensive.
The general travel insurance may cover diving, but one should check this before
When not to dive
A person should not dive when he is:
- It is raining (with or without lightning)
- Sick, have sinus congestion, runny nose, fever, etc.
- Have trouble clearing the Eustachian tubes ("equalizing")
- Scuba gear is not working
- Nitrogen level is too high (take a surface interval)
- The water is choppy, rough or visibility is poor
- No buddy to dive with
- Under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Have preexisting health problems that may present hazards (see the doctor)
- Short of breath, asthmatic or have problems with allergies.