Home Page. About us etc. A to E items. F to K items. L to P items. Q to Z items. Useful info.. Link Sites.
Thailand-Delights.com
Home Page Site Map. site map for www.Thailand-Delights.com Chachoengsao Province page 3, places to visit around the Province Chachoengsao Province, Page 5, Wats around the Province

Phra Ubosot  - The ceremony to lay the foundation stone and mark the beginning of the construction of a new Ubosot (ordination hall) was performed in 1987. The Provincial Public Works Office was in charge of the construction. The new Ubosot is in an applied Rattanakosin style of art. The original image of Luangpho Sothon is enshrined in the ordination hall which is open daily from 8.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.


City Pillar Shrine  -  is a rebuilt shrine on Maruphong Road, Tambon Na Mueang. The building of Thai architecture has a four-porched roof with a Prang finial. Inside, two city pillars are housed. The old one was built in 1834 during the reign of King Rama III. The other belongs to the present day; it was constructed in 1895 during the reign of King Rama V. The shrine of the guarding god of the city pillar is located in the same area. The City Pillar Shrine is open during 7.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.


Wat Mueang or Wat Pitulathirat Rangsarit  - is located in Tambon Na Mueang. The temple was built in 1834 during the reign of King Rama III, together with the city fortress and city walls by craftsmen from the capital. The architectural style is similar to Phra Prang of Wat Phra Si Rattanasatsadaram in Bangkok; there is difference in some details. Initially, the temple was called ‘Wat Mueang.’ In 1908, King Rama V on his royal visit to Chachoengsao renamed the temple ‘Wat Pitulathirat Rangsarit,’ which means the temple built by the king’s uncle.


Kuan Im Loi Nam is housed at the Chachoengsao Assistance for Charity Association ( Chachoengsao Relief Unit ) on Supphakit Road, Tambon Na Mueang. The Seneca ceramic tile statue in the round of Kuan Im or Kuan Yin ( Goddess of Mercy ) is around 119 cm high and weighs 40 kg. This yellowish solid figure holds a scripture. Therefore, this is considered Kuan Yin in the posture of holding a scripture to preach humanity of all classes and castes. The statue was washed away from another location and was found ashore near a bridge over the Bang Pakong River on 21 November 1997. The people of Paet Rio invited the statue to be here. Faithful people always come to worship the statue. For more information, call Tel. 08 5013 0946.


Wat Uphai Phatikaram or Wat Sam Po Kong  - is located on Supphakit Road near Talat Ban Mai or Ban Mai Market. Initially, it was a Chinese temple. At present, it has been transformed into a Vietnamese temple of Mahayana (the Great Vehicle) Buddhism. On the temple grounds, a Chinese style pavilion houses Luangpho To ( Phra Trairattana Nayok ) or called by the Chinese people as Chaopho Sam Po Kong. Only three Buddha images in this form are found in Thailand. The two other images are housed at Wat Kanlayanamit ( Thon Buri ), Bangkok, and Wat Phananchoeng, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya. At weekends, visitors come from Hong Kong, Singapore, and Taiwan, to pay homage to the image.