Home Page. About us etc. A to E items. F to K items. L to P items. Q to Z items. Useful info.. Link Sites.
Thailand-Delights.com
Home Page Site Map. site map for www.Thailand-Delights.com Chachoengsao Province, Page 4, more places of Interest Chachoengsao Province page 6, Ban Pho,Talat Khlong Suan Roi Pi ( 100-year-old Garden - Canal Market )

Talat Ban Mai or Talat Rim Nam Roi Pi  -  is located on Supphakit Road ( the way to Amphoe Bang Nam Priao ). It is a traditional market by the Bang Pakong River aged more than 100 years. This riverside community has reflected the villagers’ way of life since before the reign of King Rama V. To preserve the ancient way of life here, as well as create careers for members of the community, the ‘Talat Ban Mai Conservation Club’ has been established. Goods on sale in the market are food, rice and curry, duck noodle soup, traditional coffee and beverage, Thai and Chinese styled sweets, traditional toys, gifts and souvenirs, etc. The market is open on Saturdays and Sundays during 9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m. For more information, contact the Talat Ban Mai Conversation Club at Tel. 0 3881 7336, 08 6148 4513, 08 9881 7161, 08 9666 4266.


Wat Chin Pracha Samoson ( Wat Leng Hok Yi ) is located on Supphakit Road, Tambon Ban Mai, 1 km from the City Hall. It is a Chinese temple in Mahayana Buddhism, which extends from Wat Leng Noei Yi in Bangkok. It was built in 1906 during the reign of King Rama V. During the royal visit to the Prachin Buri Circle to open the Bangkok – Chachoengsao railway, King Rama V named the temple ‘Wat Chin Pracha Samoson.’ In the temple’s Chinese name, Hok means fortune, luck and wealth; and ‘Leng’ refers to a dragon. Therefore, it is sometimes mentioned as the temple of the fortune dragon or the dragon of luck. According to the feng shui system, this temple is at the position of the dragon’s stomach, the dragon’s head is at Wat Leng Noei Yi in Bangkok, and the dragon’s tail is at Wat Leng Hua Yi in Chanthaburi. The dragon’s three locations lay on the lands of abundance and wealth - -Yaowarat the trading district, Paet Rio the abundant source of plants and food, and Chanthaburi the city of gems. There are many interesting items in Wat Chin Pracha Samoson. Four giant paper figures of Thao Chatu Lokkaban ( Four guardian gods of the four directions ) guard the entrance door. There are three principal Buddha images and eighteen of the Perfected One, which were made from paper and brought in from China. The cast figure of the God of Luck ( Chai Seng Ia ) is on the right of the principal Buddha images, accompanied by other gods in the Chinese belief. A giant bell weighs over one ton. It is one of the three bells in the world with letters from the Maha Prajna Paramita Sutra scripture around their bodies. It is believed that to ring the bell is like praying, which gives merit to the ringer. In addition, there are other sacred shrines, such as Wihan Buraphachan (ancestors), Wihan Chaomae Kuan Im

( Kuan Yin the Goddess of Mercy ), Wihan Ti Chang Uang, Sa Nathi Sawan ( pond of the Heaven’s water ), .


Wat Phayakkha Intharam or Wat Chedi  - is located in Tambon Ban Mai. A silver inscription found in the crack at the neck of the bell body of the giant pagoda on the temple ground made it known that the temple had been built during the reign of King Rama V, by Nai Suea or Phra Kriangkraikrabuanyut, who was chief of the city of Chachoengsao, and his wife named In. Construction of the pagoda began in 1873 and the work was completed in 1875. The temple was later finished in around 1881. It is considered as an ancient temple. The Fine Arts Department registered the temple as an ancient monument on 23 September 1982. Interesting items of the temple are a giant pagoda, two small pagodas, Wihan ( pavilion ) of the Lord Buddha’s footprint, Ubosot ( ordination hall ), and a belfry.